• Upgrading Tomcat to latest version

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54381  by nishant8900

Hi,
I am using OpenKM 6.3.12CE in Linux OS. I am also using Ldap Principal Adapter for using AD. I am currently using Tomcat-8.5.69
I want to upgrade my Apache tomcat version to latest version.
1) Please let me know what is the latest tomcat version that OpenKM 6.3.12CE can support?
please share the details of the supported tomcat version since there are many categories in a version

2) What is the procedure and steps to switch to new version of tomcat? what changes do we need to make and in which file since we are using Linux?

3) What precautions do I need to keep in mind to make sure that current OpenKM functions, reports, workflows, configurations, settings and files are not affected?

Regards
 #54384  by jllort

1- I suggest doing a full backup before trying to upgrade the Tomcat ( you must upgrade to the lastest tomcat 8.5.X -> can not upgrade to tomcat 9.X or upper )
2- In this URL https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... pdate.html we try to explain the concepts you should consider to upgrade the tomcat, in the previous URL is talking about a major change between version 7 to version 8. In the case of upgrading, a minor upgrade, you should only keep the configuration files described at the beginning:
Copy these files and folders from the old Tomcat to the new one:
* conf/server.xml
* conf/context.xml
* OpenKM.cfg
* OpenKM.xml
* repository
* plugins

3- The OpenKM data is the sum of the database and the repository folder, if you keep it you will not lose anything
4- Probably you will need to update the service, in Linux is quite easy, in the case of Windows the best will be to remove the current service and register again https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ndows.html.

Another approach is installing the OpenKM in a new server and testing the upgrade process there before playing with your production one

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.