• Granting Folder Access in Openkm

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54127  by nishant8900

Hi,
I am using OpenKM 6.3 CE and I am connected to AD using LDAP.
I have a folder for which i have to give access to 4 users:
User 1: Read only
User 2: Read, Write
User 3: Read, Write, Delete
User 4: Read, Write, Delete and Security

All the 4 users are ROLE_USER.

If i give ROLE_USER all the access then User1, User2 and User3 gets all the access
But if the Remove all the access for ROLE_USER, None of the above users can see the folder anymore.
How can I grant 4 users with same role to have different access.

Should I add them in any other role? and
What accesses should I give to ROLE_USER since all the users in OpenKM are member of ROLE_USER?

Thanks
 #54134  by jllort

A good practice is :
/okm:root -> ROLE_USER read only
/okm:root/test1 -> remove ROLE_USER and start from this point using others ( the same for other folders at this level )

When using ROLE_USER are indicating everybody will have access ( ROLE_USER is mandatory to login for regular users, that means all the users at the end are members of ROLE_USER
 #54138  by nishant8900

Yes, for okm:root, i have set ROLE_USER as read only. And all the roles and users are active as well
Assume that there is a folder:
okm:root/Folder_1/Folder_2/Folder_3
User 1,2,3,4 are member of both ROLE_USER and ROLE_X
User 1: Read only for Folder_3
User 2: Read, Write for Folder_3
User 3: Read, Write, Delete for Folder_3
User 4: Read, Write, Delete and Security for Folder_3

I set ROLE_USER as read only for okm:root and I removed ROLE_USER and ROLE_X for Folder 3. Instead I gave User1 read only access for FOLDER_3, User2 read and write access for FOLDER_3, and so on, but It is not working. Either they did not get the access or Folder is not visible for them

What permission should i set for ROLE_X and User(1,2,3,4) in Security tab for Folder_1, Folder_2 and Folder_3?

Thanks

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.