• Installing OpenKM on NAS

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54088  by jlaudie

I have a Synology DS214 Plus NAS and am wondering if there's a way to install OpenKM on it to manage some documents? Any link to some instructions?
 #54092  by jllort

First, NAS is not the proper hardware to install a DMS, this kind of hardware has been thought for sharing files. DMS, all of them use hardware intensively to extract document contents and transform documents as PDFs among other features that require many hardware resources.

Can I install it on a NAS? Yes, I know other users have success with it Is it the right place? Definitively no.

You will not find a section in our documentation that explains how to do it, because we do not want to encourage it. The nearest approach will be the section that try to explain manual configuration https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ebian.html

I suggest forgetting this idea with OpenKM and any other DMS, but if you wish to go ahead then I suggest installing openkm on a regular server, there're will be able to identify all the pieces and then try manually.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.