• Confuguration HTTPS and SMTP with GMAIL

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53740  by cvargasj

Good afternoon I already have OpenKM installed, but I have tried to configure HTTPS and it does not work, also configure the sending of emails by SMTP for GMAIL, I followed the instructions to configure the /home/openkm/tomcat-8.5.34 /server .xml and I have a GMAIL authentication error.

Your help please :
1. CONFIGURE HTTPS and have it redirect from HTTP to HTTPS automatically
2. Set up sending emails from a GMAIL account.

Thank you very much.
 #53744  by eduslepetys

Hi,
The best thing is not to mix up the subject (https and e-mail).

In GMail, remember that google has two-step password validation. To configure in OKM you need to generate an application password.
Select your Profile icon > Manage Your Google Account > Security > App Passwords, choose an app and a device, then select Generate.
Gmail will create a password that looks like this "kvbw nnfi okke fvvf".
This is the password that must be put in the OKM configuration.

Hope this helps.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.