• Table 'okmdb.okm_config' doesn't exist

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53374  by msweetnam

I did an install onto a Windows 10 machine.
I created the default user in MySQL, but it defaulted to a "SHA256" auth type, rather than a simple/standard user type. This, I think stopped the creation of the proper tables in MySQL.

So, i deleted the entire Tomcat installation, changed the user auth type in MySQL to Standard (user/pw), and reinstalled OpenKM. I expected the tables to be created, but that didn't happen.
I did try connecting to the MySQL db using the user/pw i created for OpenKM, and i was able to connect and create tables etc. with no problems.
  • Any ideas out there on what I'm doing wrong?
  • Can i run the table creation and data loading scripts seperately from the command line?
Thanks!
 #53375  by msweetnam

Ah ha.. after working through the batch scripts and install directions i stumbled across this which fixed the problem

Edit the file $TOMCAT_HOME/OpenKM.cfg

hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect
hibernate.hbm2ddl=create

(bolding mine)..
 #53403  by jllort

The parameter hibernate.hbm2ddl with value "create" is used to indicate the application must create the database tables structure. When installing OpenKM by default the OpenKM.cfg has this value to "create".
 #54263  by okioscott

this fix was still required today with the latest community edition

1. go to tomcat root
2. edit OpenKM.cfg
3. update this line hibernate.hbm2ddl=create (the default is none)
4. restart tomcat

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.