• Application error: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open co

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53360  by moinuddin1997

I have installed OpenKM as per the video. A

After successful installation, when i type localhost:8080/OpenKM

I am receiving the following application error.
Code: Select all
Application error
Class: org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection
I attached log file server xml and openkm xml file for reference.
I would appreciate it if any one can help to fix this error.

Thank you.
Date: Wed Mar 23 14:36:53 EET 2022
Attachments
(22.73 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
 #53366  by jllort

Error is clear, the application is not able to connect with database:
Code: Select all
<Resource name="jdbc/OpenKMDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000" validationQuery="select 1" username="openkm" password="OLm6Pl.2#X6t" driverClassName="com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver" url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/okmdb?useSSL=false&autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8&useJDBCCompliantTimezoneShift=true&useLegacyDatetimeCode=false&serverTimezone=UTC"/>
<Resource name="mail/OpenKM" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session" mail.smtp.host="localhost" mail.from="testing@openkm.com"/>
Check with standard client if you are able to connect to database and check suggested configuration from our documentation https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... riadb.html

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.