• Advanced searching

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53220  by polandia12

Hallo everyone!

Community version 6.3 CE

I already know that we have option what allows us to search advance but.... is it possible to make it better?

For example I want to search folder name and second folder what is in next folder. Lets say structure is like it:

Folder1 -> Folder2 -> Folder3

I would like to search the file what is in Folder2 i know for exmaple the full name of first one(Folder1) and part of name from the second one(Folder2). We have quiet big structure of folders and a lot of documents inside what I noticed is that is no problem to search something with one argument like Folder1 but problem is when we want to search something using two.

Why is so importent for us? I can search for exaple in first folder type of thing like some metal and in second height or wide of this metal.
 #53228  by jllort

This kind of query can not be done from Lucene Search Engine ( explanation is large, but basically for it, the DMS should have calculated always the path of a node and this is a bad idea because performance, a node in the search engine do not have the current path indexed ). This is so much specific and should be used standard SQL for this purpose.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.