• Site does not load after installation

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53073  by chandra-ins

I have installed OpenKM successfully and can see that the DB connection is also fine. Able to see the tables in the Database. But when I load the site for first time at http://localhost:8080/OpenKM the site keeps on revolving / loading but the page does not load. I am attaching the necessary logs. Can someone please review this and let me know the solution.
Attachments
(13.34 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
 #53074  by chandra-ins

Sorry for this, but the site loaded fine now. It took almost 15 mins, but the site did load. I think for the first time its taking time as it has to create the necessary DB objects. Anyhow, happy to see the site running now. Many Thanks!
 #53080  by jllort

15 minutes is a huge time for database creation. I suggest having 2-4GB free in the server for OpenKM, disabling antivirus for the tomcat folder ( otherwise all will become really slow ), you should have 2-4 core and SSD disk always will be better than mechanical disk.
I think if the application has taken a lot of time to start up it is an indicator that something is affecting them ( poor hardware or some third-party software like antivirus ), I suggest investigating before using the application in production, because the application will not work properly.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.