• How to make OpenKM to create enbedded DB during installation? (docker)

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53062  by LauryMenton

I'm trying to install another instance of OpenKM (6.3.9), but it fails to start. It shows the error that OpenKM failed to connect to the DB.

I have another OpenKM (main instance) already running 24/7 on the same machine, using MySQL (container) as its external DB on default port (3306). It works well, no problema at all.

I have set the 'Openkm.cfg' settings as:
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect
hibernate.hbm2ddl=create

My question is how to make OpenKM to create the DB (integrated) on first installation.

Maybe, I have to edit the server.xml file, as it may be trying to connect to an external DB automatically?
 #53076  by jllort

We do not suggest using an embedded sql engine, because in case of disk failure or wrong server shutdown the database may be damaged and is between quite difficult or impossible to recover it.

If you want to go ahead; yes, must modify server.xml before starting the application ( uncomment HQL XML section ) and change the OpenKM.cfg to the right dialect. Anyway, I encourage using MySQL or MariaDB, or other non-embedded SQL engines.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.