• Can't Preview office doc.

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52885  by BenjaminSu

Hi,
I installed OpenKM Community Version 6.3.2 (Build 8289) and Open Office 4.1.10 in Windows 10.
I could preview PDF file and download office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as PDF file but can't preview office files, text file and jpeg file.
I had checked the open office not start before starting OpenKM and there is no ERROR message in OpenKM log file.(catalina)
Below is the configuration check result.
Could someone advise how to fix preview issue? Thanks a lot

system.swftools.pdf2swf
OK - C:\SWFTools\pdf2swf.exe
system.imagemagick.convert
OK - C:\tomcat\bin\convert.exe
system.ocr
Not configured
system.openoffice.path
OK - C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\program\soffice.bin
 #52895  by jllort

* First, you should upgrade to version 6.3.11 the version 6.3.2 is an older version.
* I suggets upgrade to Libreoffice 7.x

Share log to check:
1- stop openkm
2- delete all files into tomcat-xxxxx/logs
3- start openkm
4- try preview document

zip logs folders and share here
 #52898  by BenjaminSu

Thank you jllort.
I had upgraded Open KM to version 6.3.11 and installed LibreOffice 7.1.6. \
However, the configuration check result show error as below.
system.openoffice.program
Can't read or execute: C:\Program

My setting in configuration is as below.
system.openoffice.program String C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\soffice.exe

Now the preview function is workable. Should I concern the error message in configuration check result?

Thanks
 #52915  by jllort

Change windows path to Java path:
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\soffice.exe to C:/Program Files/LibreOffice/program/soffice.exe

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.