• Prevent printing previews even with browsers print capabilitiy

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52781  by mamad

Hi guys
Im using openkm 6.3 community
I want to disable all the ways a user can print a preview of a document even print by the browser itself (with ctrl + p or tools -> print menu ).I have disabled flexpaper print and download buttons but user can still print the preview with browsers print capability.
Is it possible at all ?
Thanks in advance
 #52804  by jllort

When you are showing something in the browser is totally impossible lock download or capture screenshot etc... the best way to control documents is:
* adding stamps with the user name and date in all the documents ( for preview and download )
* preview images either full documents like PDF ( and also stamp them ) -> this is also a good protection

For this matter must modify CE or go to a professional one which comes by default with the possibility to customize download and preview. If you wish to go ahead with CE I can try ty guide about what sections of code should be modified ( I advance is not a trivial modification -> because also should implement stamp )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.