• Wildcard as first character not working

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52695  by creatronics

Hi,
I've been using OKM for ages, allways thoughed It's a "feature" but recently I reread the manual on search and now I believe something is wrong with my installation.
To put it short: I can't search for something like *word
Whenever I put the wildcard as first character, I receive this error:
ksnip_20210807-004832.png
ksnip_20210807-004832.png (17.22 KiB) Viewed 8008 times
I reinstalled the complete server, migrated to mariaDB, imported the Data and config from the old server and.... same error again.
Any ideas? I'm at a total loss here.
Thank you very much!
Michael
P.s.: Version: 6.3.11 (build: d7abb25)
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS
Everything is up2date.
 #52698  by jllort

The error comes from Lucene search engine. In Lucene as indicate the error is not allowed to do queries with wildcards at the beginning.
 #52699  by creatronics

Hi,
thank you for the quick reply.
So, lucene is not able to do this? Is there a way to enable it?

In the documentation ( https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... earch.html ) the search function is described as follows:
You can use wildcards:

Add an asterisk "*" as a placeholder for any unknown or wildcard terms, for example, "*2015", "2015*", "20*15" or "*2015*".
Add an asterisk "?" as a placeholder for any unknown or wildcard character, for example the query "?015" will return occurrences where first character doesn't matter.
So, is the documentation wrong?
Thank you very much,
Michael
 #52700  by jllort

Wildcard at the beginning may be used in metadata fields, or the name of a node but can not be used in a search by content. Maybe documentation requires an update.
 #52731  by creatronics

Ah, thank you for the update. This is helpfull but disappointing.
The reason to have wildcards in the beginning is simple: sometimes the OCR is missing a space, so there might be a text " this is a test" which is scanned as "this is atest". If you search for test, it won't find the document (at least not in my system). Any ideas how to handle this?
Kind Regards,
Michael
 #52746  by jllort

Search by single word should working. Take a look at Administration > tools > List indexes ( this feature helps to identify for what term the lucene search engine has indexed the document ) -> filter by the uuid of the document

here section of documentation what talks about it https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... dexes.html

If do not works share screenshot of your search and terms lucene indexed the docuement
 #52761  by daniel65

jllort wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:07 am The error comes from Lucene search engine. In Lucene as indicate the error is not allowed to do queries with wildcards at the beginning.
Thanks for the update and quick reply.Walgreenslistens I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.