• Helping how to transfer data into openkm 6.3.9

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50777  by nhunguyencntt

I am solving the problem is to convert the data source as pdf, doc ... to openkm automatically or in other words automatically update to openkm immediately when there is new data from a folder located on the computer. install software openkm
 #50800  by jllort

You want to import documents ( for example office documents ) to openkm from the file system and keep in openkm as PDF. Is that the idea behind?
 #50816  by nhunguyencntt

Thank you very much for your support, and I got it done.
but there is a problem I need your help with. (I want the * .doc or * .xls file to be able to automatically generate the conversion when in the preview tab?) or to be viewed directly on it.

can you show me how to update pdf documents automatically? for example: I have successfully submitted the data as you instructed but the next day there are some small changes such as a few more pdf files or a few folders and I want it to be automatically uploaded to the software. can you guide me the steps to do it in detail? thank you
 #50832  by jllort

I do not know if I followed you. You have files in the file system ( folder hierarchy ) what you have just imported in OpenKM. Now you are changing these file in the hierarchy and you want to update in OpenKM.

* Like daily synch from the file system to your OpenKM, is that?
* You never delete folders or files, simply you updated documents, right?

I need a more detailed explanation ( consider, cases like renaming etc... are scenarios with a lot of difficulties )
 #50838  by nhunguyencntt

I have an ABCD parent folder
Including directories a, b, a, d, e, f ...
and pdf, xls, doc ... files placed inside folders a, b, c, d ... when I update more files, folders inside ABCD parent folder will be automatically updated more files, folder into ABCD parent folder.

Simply add a new one, not change the name or delete or any other condition
 #50942  by jllort

Are several ways to solve it. Depending the OS you can quickly identify documents changed from a specific datetime and then can create small task for uploading from OS ( c# or JAVA ) -> linux is a good scenario for it purpose I ignore how easy is to get documents changed in windows.

Another aproach is a crontab task -> iterate across all the folders looking for last modification datetime and depending the datetime upload or not

In both cases should keep the datetime when you have done the last check to make the newer.
 #50945  by nhunguyencntt

Could you please give me the most detailed instructions to do this. Because the openkm I use is running on windows server 2018 64 bit version. so i am having a lot of trouble when using crontab or automation. I look forward to your help more than ever. Thank you very much
 #51686  by nhunguyencntt

We apologize for this inconvenience. I am a network administrator specializing in windows array. so java and C # were to me very sketchy and ambiguous. I have researched openkm desktop sync tool but don't know where to download it. Please help me.
thanks
 #51937  by nhunguyencntt

I have downloaded the application according to the link you shared and also followed the instructions, but when I went to the server step, although I have filled in all the information, but when you click check, it gives an error not connecting to the server. I don't know if there are toggles in the configuration. Hope you can help me
Attachments
and this is the error state
and this is the error state
78216160289cd9c2808d.jpg (934.18 KiB) Viewed 26243 times

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.