• property groups not registering

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50065  by lehuutuan2312

I have several property groups registered and working well. I am now trying to add a few more but the Register property Group button doesn't seem to do anything because when I try to use one of the new entries I get a message saying that property group is not registered. I don't see any mistakes in the xml file so just not sure what steps to take to sort this out.
 #50070  by jllort

When you edit the xml data, did you see your definition there?
After register the new xml definition did you click in the register button ? the register button really apply the changes you have done in the xml
Finally, did you enabled the metadata in the profiles ( first tab in the left bottom corner)
 #52828  by Fikru YK

Have the same problem. Registered the edited xml with new meta tags. Enabled also meta data wizard in profiles. Any help is appreciated,
 #52840  by jllort

* Share the xml definition into a zip file here
* share screenshots for better understanding
* explain what has added or removed in the XML definition
* did you enabled the property groups in the profile ? -> that is a common missing step and reason why are not appearing in the system

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.