• Add an embeded users administration for text based

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #49513  by trangtrainam

Somethimes we\'ve been thinking to put on OpenKM and embeded administration user system via Web, independing of course with DBMS, LDAP integration, to manage what now is users.properties and roles.properties.

OpenKM don\'t wants to create and extra repository of users on intranet, we think that each company administrator stablishes security roles ( database / ldap / windows / etc.. ) and we think that a good dms policy is to be integrated on company users repository, not to create others on paralel that dificults administrator task.

But for more basic installations, OpenKM users are administrated via users.properties and roles.properties. It\'ll be good for administrator to have a web admin tool to administrate users on this cases ?
 #49519  by jllort

Use properties might have sense in a testing scenario but in a production will be something really strange. Consider althought you update the properties file the changes will not be applied until the application started again ( properties are only loaded at the begining ). In the other hand in a production environment you might use database like MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server and I do not observe a reason why using properties if you have database.

Finally I think if openkm database, ldap for user is not right for you I think the direction should going in integrate some additional authentication provider, for example if you have your own database, you can use the current user database in your company for it purpose.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.