• Search the document properties or notes does not work

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45705  by amizzi

Maybe someone can help me with this.

Am using OpenKM 6.3.6 (fresh install) on a Windows 10 workstation (also new install). I access OpenKM using Google Chrome.

For the record, I installed OpenKM because the problem I'm having below did NOT occur when I ran a few tests on the online site, which is version 6.4.41. Not sure if that makes a difference.....

Anyway, my installation was successful, login fine. Added a few documents, gave them keywords and added some notes to each of them so that I can search by notes or by keyword.

Now here's the problem. if I try to do a search for any of the words that I have added within the notes tab, no luck, not found. If I try to search by file name, same problem. Nothing found. If I try to search by Keyword, that does work. It will also search within the document, but that doesn't help me as most of the docs that I have aren't readable and haven't been OCR'ed. I have tried rebuilding the indexes under Administration --> Utilities, no luck.

Is there some configuration that needs to be done to allow it to search the Notes tab or to search the filename?

Thanks all in advance. :roll:
 #45706  by lnovoa

Hi!,
First of all, the search for notes you do from the advanced tab, ok?
and on the indexing, it seems that the documents are not indexed,
has you tried to index with Lucene ?, that is, Administration-> Utilities-> rebuild indexes-> Lucene indexes ?.

If you want attached screenshots of your search

I wait for your answer
 #45712  by amizzi

No, there is not option under Advanced to do a search within notes. I am just searching from the standard Fulltext Search.

I have tried indexing with Lucene. Actually I tried indexing with all three. No luck.

I'd attach a screen shot if there was something to show, like an error message, but nothing. When I type in a term to search for and click the "Search" button, I get the "Updating Search" flash on the screen and no results.

Search within the contents of the document does work, as I have uploaded a Word document and it does find words within it.

I can give you the username and password to access the site, if you'd like to see the problem....

Help?!?

Anthony
 #45713  by lnovoa

Hi!,
The search by notes for the community version is not added,
but by keyword, it is possible.

You must go to the tab of search -> view advanced mode -> tab basic -> input name inserted ***
and finally in the input keyword you insert the search string

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.