• Error importing archives containing swedish åäö

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2143  by attitude

Both importing from the local filesystem and importing from a zip file results in an error if any of the files/folders have one of the swedish characters åäö.

When importing from local storage the error is OKM-013013

Explicity it says it cant find the directory.
 #2148  by jllort

Which operating system are you using on OpenKM server.
 #2153  by jllort

Have you changed default locale configuration ? is UTF-8 ?
 #2155  by jllort

OpenKM inherits OS level and could have problems if you\'ve changed utf-8 language locale to other. That could be one reason to having problems with some character while importing from OS file directories.
 #2307  by alloydog

I have a similar problem. After reading this, I tried to upload a zipped directory, called test_öäå. The contents of the directory was a text file, named (really creatively...) öäå.txt.
OpenKM faild to import the zipped directory, with the error message:

Error imorting file
Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

When I tried to import the basic text file, it just hung for over 15 minutes with no way to cancel the operation - I had to close the browser window.
 #2318  by jllort

You\'ve got UTF-8 on your locale ? or have changed to some ISO ?
 #2355  by alloydog

Here you are.

The text file was created with Notepad2, and the folder was zipped with 7-Zip. [file name=___.zip size=411]http://www.openkm.com/images/fbfiles/files/___.zip[/file]

Interesting, it seems the file import for this forum cannot handle accented letters either... neither does my usual \"back-up\" hosting service...
 #3395  by jllort

Which OS are you using martin ?
 #3396  by MartinR

Hello,

Linux (Mandriva 10.2)

G_FILENAME_ENCODING=@locale
KBCHARSET=iso-8859-15
KEYBOARD=de
KEYTABLE=de-latin1
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=de_DE.UTF-8:de
LC_ADDRESS=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_NAME=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_SOURCED=1
LC_TELEPHONE=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8

Martin

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.