• I cannot install Open KM on Win 2003

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2063  by patarchy

Good night,

I am trying to install OKM on win 2003 R2 SP2.

I have downloaded and installed - JDK 5.0 Update 17.
First I got an error when I run run.bat because java point to JRE and not to JDK.
I solve the error by changing the file run.bat as follows:

Set JAVA =java
by:
Set JAVA =C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.5.0_17

Then I run the run.bat. It opens the console, then quits. and nothing!

when trying to open http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/
-> Internet Explorer can not display the webpage

When I try to open http://localhost:8080 nothing. I do not get the Jboss page.

Someone can help me. I was turning hours and I do not understand what I\'m doing wrong.

Thank you.
 #2065  by patarchy

I solve the issue

The problem was the Java path. The only strange behaviour is that I get no error message. The console just get closed.

I have included the following at the beginning of the run.bat file(in bold):

@if not \"%ECHO%\" == \"\" echo %ECHO%
@if \"%OS%\" == \"Windows_NT\" setlocal

set JAVA_HOME=C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.5.0_17

set DIRNAME=.\\
if \"%OS%\" == \"Windows_NT\" set DIRNAME=%~dp0%
set PROGNAME=run.bat
if \"%OS%\" == \"Windows_NT\" set PROGNAME=%~nx0%

Good bye!

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.