• Problem with notification duting file add

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #39135  by averma

Hi,

We are running OpenKM version 6.2.1 and we have it integrated with LDAP.
Ldap authentication works file for login however we have two major issues related to user notification while adding a new document.

* Most of the time after clicking on "Notify to users" it does not load the user list from LDAP. This is a must have feature for us and users are getting annoyed when it doesnot work.
Please have a look into the screenshot, you can see the user list is empty. Only very few times (at random) it works.
OpenKM_add_file.PNG
OpenKM_add_file.PNG (9.56 KiB) Viewed 3220 times
* Another issue is: this file add window does not load the groups so we have to add each user one by one. As you can see in the screenshot there are two tabs Users and Groups. I wonder why there is Groups instead it should be Roles.
We have more then 200 users using OpenKM and to send notification to all of them by adding them one by one is very annoying.

I would highly appreciate if you can provide me a solution for these issues.

Regards,
Adi
 #39182  by Catscratch

Are you sure you configured LDAP correctly?

Go to Administration > Users and check the list. Also check the roles dropdown menu and select a role to verify role filtering.
 #39203  by averma

Could you please respond.
I have made few tests is I suspect it is something to do with the cache. If I clear my browser cache then it displays the user list.
 #39222  by jllort

You've enabled advanced filters on profiles. When is enabled you must write something there to filtering the users and roles otherwise they do not appears. Imagine you got 10K users and roles, you do not want to show all, advanced filters help on it. That's why you're not seeing anything on this view, you must write three characters at least that be contained for some user name to start seeing some filtered list.
 #39345  by averma

Hi jllort,

Thanks for your reply.
I am afraid this is not the case.
As I have mentioned in my previous post. If I clear the browser cache then it works.
and other issue is why there is a tab for "Group" instead of "Roles"?

Regards,
Adi
 #39361  by jllort

Groups and roles are similar words ( for example on windows they name "groups" ). Probably we chosen display groups name instead of roles because we supposed that for almost end user will be more clear than role ( us we think of terms of users and roles ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.