• configure search to return notes

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #30530  by silverspr

Hello

Using openkm 6.3 community. How would I configure the search to return notes appended to a document.

thanks
 #30542  by jllort

You would like to see notes at search results view, is that ? Well these feature is actually yet done in professional version and you should be waiting be released by us also in community or do it yourself in source code. I can guide you about what you need to touch in code.
 #30584  by jllort

Take a look at SearchFullResult.java, it take control about how are displayed the messages. My suggestion is first test if from GWTDocument arrives the notes, in case afirmative do minimal changes in UI to be shown ( could be a popup, show / hidden panel etc... do as easy as you can imagine, this normally is the best option ).
Also you need the development environment, take a look at http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Developer_Guide
 #38539  by Catscratch

Hi,

I got a similar question. How may I search for notes itself?

Im thinking about some extension of DbSearchModule (findPaginated) to also search within document notes via database. How to do so? Which classes do I have to extend?

I'm using 6.3.1 Community.
 #39131  by pavila

This is not the right approach. You have to add an indexable field in NodeBase where the notes are stored. This way you can search any node by notes. And every time a note is added or removed, this field should be updated with all the node notes.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.