• OpenKM User Roles with Active directory

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #882  by peter

Hi it\'s me AGAIN!

after some great help (mostly of this forum and some from other people and sadly nearly nothing from the OpenKM documentation) i Finaly managed to log into OpenKM wit the credentials of a windows 2000 Active directory user.

there is only one thing that i have not been able to accomplish and that is adding the user roles to the user like i have while using the filesystem (User.properties & roles.properties)

when i log into OpenKM with a ad user i see that in the log file the user groups are being read. when i am in openkm however there are no groups accept UserRol?!?

can somebody explain to me how i can set up groups in OpenKM because i need to put permissions on folders!!

thanx for the help,

Peter
 #885  by jllort

For a complete ldap integration it\'s necessary - actually - to compile openkm cvs code because you need to create your own java class that implements PrincipalAdapter and define in your OpenKM.cfg take a look at this documentation entry, at Integration with JBoss security.

You need to define the class with this two metods to full ldap integration, called
Code: Select all
public Collection getUsers() throws PrincipalAdapterException;
public Collection getRoles() throws PrincipalAdapterException;
This methods are used internally by OpenKM to get users and roles. On future we\'ve planned to do it more easy and automatically, but is not yet done, and now each specific intallation with ldap must define their own integration class.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.