• Can server and repository be seperated?

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #646  by deneb3525

Can OpenKM be setup so that you can run the Program on one server yet use a preexisting file structure on a differnt server?

I am running a data storage server that has a propriatary OS. It is limited to sharing information based on Active Driectory information. I doubt that I will be able to setup OpenKM on that server and so would like see if I can run OpenKM on another server and have it use the current file system as the repository. Is this possible?
 #659  by pavila

You can configure OpenKM to use several types of backends for the document repository: filesystem, database, etc. We have not tested the configuration yue have exposed here, but would work.
 #660  by jllort

Amazon compute elastic cloud could be interesting for you ? take a look here, really we must not tested but weeks ago that we read seems interesting for installing OpenKM as a cheap cost.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.