• Change default repository location

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #6537  by matty_B

I'm trying to get openKM to create it's repository on our file server, but I'm having trouble with the config. Here's the details:
[*]OpenKM is installed on a Windows Server 2008 VM.
[*]This machine has very limited hard drive space on it and is not backed up regularly. Our file server is, so I want to create the repository there.
[*]I mapped to the file server, created a folder called docRepository that contained a folder called repository and the file repository.xml
[*]Altered the config file so it looked like this:
Code: Select all
# Default configuration values#
# repository.config=Z:\docRepository\repository.xml
# repository.home=Z:\docRepository\repository
# system.user=system
# default.user.role=UserRol
# default.admin.role=AdminRol
# principal.adapter=com.openkm.core.UsersRolesPrincipalAdapter
# max.file.size=5
# max.search.results=25
# system.demo=off
# update.info=off
restrict.file.mime=off
restrict.file.extension=*~,*.bak,._*
max.file.size=25
[*]Ran openKM and it created the repository in the default location

What have I done wrong? Many thanks in advance!
 #6540  by jllort

replace Windows "\" character for java "/" URI character
repository.config=Z:/docRepository/repository.xml
repository.home=Z:/docRepository/repository
Remember that parameter only take effect first time you run jboss.
 #6546  by matty_B

I tried your change, but still the default folders were generated. I tried removing the repository.xml file from the folder OpenKM-4.1_JBoss-4.2.3.GA and that stopped the defaults being generated, but now no repository folders are being generated at all! Here's my new config file...
# Default configuration values#
# repository.config=Z:/docRepository/repository.xml
# repository.home=Z:/docRepository/repository
# system.user=system
# default.user.role=UserRol
# default.admin.role=AdminRol
# principal.adapter=com.openkm.core.UsersRolesPrincipalAdapter
# max.file.size=5
# max.search.results=25
# system.demo=off
# update.info=off
restrict.file.mime=off
restrict.file.extension=*~,*.bak,._*
max.file.size=25
Between tests I'm deleting the OpenKM-4.1_JBoss-4.2.3.GA folder and getting a fresh one each time, could any settings be hanging around anywhere?

Cheers, Matt.

EDIT - Someone just pointed out to me that the lines beginning with '#' are commented out?
 #6549  by Normando

matty_B wrote:Someone just pointed out to me that the lines beginning with '#' are commented out?
AFAIK yes, there are comments, so you must remove # to take effect.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.