• active directory authentication not Working

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #4507  by vsharma1985

HI

everyone,

I am trying to connect the openkm 4.0 with ADAM active directory for user management and authentication. But i am Facing a trouble while configuring it. The Login-config.xml where i am configuiring the ldap is :
Code: Select all
 <application-policy name="OpenKM">
       <authentication>
          <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.LdapExtLoginModule" flag="required" >
           <module-option name="java.naming.provider.url">ldap://localhost:389</module-option>
            <module-option name="bindDN">CN=okmAdmin,OU=Users,DC=openkm,DC=com</module-option>[i]// ---user created in ADAM directory//[/i]
            <module-option name="java.naming.security.authentication"></module-option>
            <module-option name="bindCredential">admin</module-option>[i]// password for okmAdmin as "admin" it was working with properties file.[/i]
            <module-option name="baseCtxDN">OU=Users,DC=openkm,DC=com</module-option>
            <module-option name="baseFilter">(sAMAccountName={0})</module-option>
            <module-option name="rolesCtxDN">OU=Users,DC=openkm,DC=com</module-option>
            <module-option name="roleFilter">(member={1})</module-option>
            <module-option name="roleAttributeID">cn</module-option>
            <module-option name="roleAttributeIsDN">false</module-option>
            <module-option name="roleRecursion">2</module-option>
            <module-option name="searchScope">ONELEVEL_SCOPE</module-option>
            <module-option name="defaultRole">UserRole</module-option>
          </login-module>
         </authentication>
       </application-policy>
</policy>
The openkm.cfg details are :
repository.config=repository.xml
repository.home=repository
system.user=system
default.user.role=UserRole
default.admin.role=AdminRole
max.file.size=100
max.search.results=25
application.url=http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/es.git.openkm.frontend.Main/index.jsp 
restrict.file.mime=on
restrict.file.extension=*~,*.bak,._* 
  principal.adapter=es.git.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter
  principal.ldap.server=ldap://localhost:389
  principal.ldap.security.principal=CN=okmAdmin,OU=Users,DC=openkm,DC=com
  principal.ldap.security.credentials=admin
  principal.ldap.user.search.base=cn=Users,DC=openkm,DC=com
  principal.ldap.user.search.filter=(objectclass=user)
 principal.ldap.user.atribute=cn
 principal.ldap.role.search.base=cn=Users,DC=openkm,DC=com
 principal.ldap.role.search.filter=(objectclass=group)
 principal.ldap.role.atribute=cn
 principal.ldap.mail.search.base=cn={0},cn=Users,DC=openkm,DC=com
 principal.ldap.mail.search.filter=(objectclass=user)
 principal.ldap.mail.atribute=mail
Jboss log are as Follows
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-031001D2, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:
        'DC=openkm,DC=com'
 ]; remaining name 'cn=Users,DC=openkm,DC=com'
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3066)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2987)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2794)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(LdapCtx.java:1826)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(LdapCtx.java:1749)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(ComponentDirContext.java:368)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:338)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:321)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(InitialDirContext.java:248)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at es.git.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter.ldapSearch(LdapPrincipalAdapter.java:152)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at es.git.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter.getUsers(LdapPrincipalAdapter.java:59)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at es.git.openkm.module.direct.DirectAuthModule.getUsers(DirectAuthModule.java:901)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at es.git.openkm.api.OKMAuth.getUsers(OKMAuth.java:165)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at es.git.openkm.core.UserMailImporter.run(UserMailImporter.java:43)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
21:00:36,687 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
21:00:36,687 INFO  [STDOUT] INFO  es.git.openkm.module.direct.DirectAuthModule - getUsers:[]
21:00:36,687 INFO  [STDOUT] INFO  es.git.openkm.api.OKMAuth - getUsers: []
I am New to ADAM active directory . So please mention out steps to have this process working fine in possible.Do let me know if there is any better alternative too than ADAM active directory. thanks in Advance.
 #4524  by jllort

okmAdmin has rights to connect to your ldap ?
your server domain is openkm.com ( DC=openkm,DC=com )
principal.ldap.security.principal=CN=okmAdmin 
MIght be simple security authentication ?
<module-option name="java.naming.security.authentication">simple</module-option>
Could be good idea adding
<module-option name="allowEmptyPasswords">false</module-option>
You don't need to enable it, it's enabled by deault
#repository.config=repository.xml
#repository.home=repository
#system.user=system
#default.user.role=UserRole
#default.admin.role=AdminRole
Try with lower case ( could be some problem on it , unix system are case sensitive)
cn=users
 #6472  by jllort

first you need to concentrate in login-config.xml after it could have in mind OpenKM.cfg, but authentication is all defined in login-config.xml

Which ldap you've got because DC=openkm,DC=com it's strange domain for your ldap except if you've configured with that values your domain server

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.