• Build and configure openkm from source

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54660  by Mehra0019

Hi, I have build openkm form source using below command
Code: Select all
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip clean package
Now, my question is what is the next step to make this openkm run on my linux sytem.

Thanks.
 #54662  by jllort

You should use the installer available from https://www.openkm.com/es/ ( at the end of the page ) and if you need to replace the war file in the future then replace it ( there's a video, I suggest to watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJrkD2BdAJo )

In this section of the documentation we try to explain the main steps of the installation, but because different OS, etc... the documentation give the clues but not the exact steps.
 #54669  by jllort

The OKMInstaller.jar is used to install the OpenKM realeases. Build from the source code only have sense if you are going to change something, otherwise should use the regular installer.
 #54675  by ModifiedVersion02

After successfully building OpenKM from source using the provided Maven command, the next steps to run it on your Linux system typically involve deploying and configuring the application.
Be sure to consult the documentation provided with OpenKM for detailed installation and configuration instructions tailored to your environment.
 #54680  by Mehra0019

Thanks, I want to ask like If have changed something in code and build it and then do I only need to replace the openkm.war file or is there anything else to make it work ?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.