• Changing Author/Owner of documents

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54634  by Szenzui

I have some questions from my users about OpenKM's permission as below.

There are 2 folders under the root directory as follows:
1. Folder HR associated with ROLE_HR.
2. Folder Account associated with ROLE_ACC.
There is a user named Mr. John under the ROLE_HR.
Mr. John has uploaded multiple documents under the HR folder, including subfolders.

One day, Mr. John needs to move to the Account department.
Mr. John should no longer have access to documents under the HR folder, including subfolders.
Therefore, the permissions and ownership (Author) of all documents under Folder HR must be revoked.

From the aforementioned scenario, the questions are as follows: (Both Community and Pro Edition)
1. How can we revoke the permissions and ownership (Author) of Mr. John's documents without affecting other users under ROLE_HR?
2. Can this be done through the OpenKM interface?
3. To prevent this scenario in the future, can ownership be changed from a user to a role during upload? (For example, changing ownership from Mr. John to ROLE_HR)
4. Is it possible to perform this operation automatically?
Attachments
okm_john.jpg
okm_john.jpg (129.19 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
 #54642  by teera_w

I found same issue, can anyone share if have solution? :shock:
I also don't need username to be owner of document, there should be only ROLE name.
 #54651  by jllort

You should always setting the security with roles and remove security applied by users. There's a configuration parameter named user.assign.document.creation what you should disable https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... eters.html ( once disabled when a user creates a document is not assigned as an author ).

If you need to remove existing use security in the database we can try to help on it

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.