• Issues with the Russian language

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54630  by ulnaoperating

Excuse me,

We switched from MySQL to SQL Server for our database not long ago. All Russian characters now show up as??? while testing the updated database.

I set the SQL Server DB Collation to "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS" since openkm failed to build the database when I tried to set it to "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_UTF8."

I found on Google that changing the type of the "NBS_NAME" column to nvarchar could fix the issue, however SQL Server won't let me do that and instead says I need to delete the table and create it again. It seems risky. We are currently in the testing process, thus data loss is not an issue for me.

Would you be so kind as to help me with this subject?
 #54649  by jllort

We do not suggest using SQL Server for several reasons ...
Anyway, if you have chosen a bad collation for your database the only option is to start again from a clean database -> export all the data, and import again in a fresh database ( do some tests before importing the data to ensure characters etc... are set fine )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.