• Openkm preview not working

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54389  by nishant8900

Hi,
I am using OpenKM 6.3 CE in a Linux based system with LdapPrincipalAdapter.
while checking the preview for some files, I am getting the below mentioned error
All the files and folders are there in datastore but none of them can be previewed.

PDF.js v2.9.359 (build: e667c8cbc)
Message: Unexpected server response (500) while retrieving PDF "http://[url]:[port]/OpenKM/frontend/Converter?toPdf=true&inline=true&uuid=0f5217a3-360b-45ac-a8f5-8f9aa3aaaaa".

Code: Select all
ERROR c.o.s.frontend.ConverterServlet - \[url]OpenKMdatastore/2d/27/2b/b6/2d272bb6-be1f-4bbb-98b2-b2a1047d8daa (No such file or directory)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: \172.16.255.158OpenKMdatastore/2d/27/2b/b6/2d272bb6-be1f-4bbb-98b2-b2a1047d8daa (No such file or directory)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_382]
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195) ~[na:1.8.0_382]
	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138) ~[na:1.8.0_382]
	at com.openkm.module.db.stuff.FsDataStore.read(FsDataStore.java:65) ~[classes/:6.3.12]
	at com.openkm.dao.NodeDocumentVersionDAO.getCurrentContentByParent(NodeDocumentVersionDAO.java:300) ~[classes/:6.3.12]
	at com.openkm.module.db.base.BaseDocumentModule.getContent(BaseDocumentModule.java:286) ~[classes/:6.3.12]
	at com.openkm.module.db.DbDocumentModule.getContent(DbDocumentModule.java:547) ~[classes/:6.3.12]
	at com.openkm.servlet.frontend.ConverterServlet.service(ConverterServlet.java:94) ~[classes/:6.3.12]
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:764) [servlet-api.jar:na]
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:232) [catalina.jar:8.5.69]
It seems to be showing that file not found, but the files are visible in the UI and in Properties also it is showing the details.
Due to this, I am not able to download the file as well,
It appears to me like file are only showing on UI but are not found in OpenKM/datastore
Actually few days back, Our OpenKM Application stopped working due to which we had to restore it. But nothing was disturbed in the files and folder datastore, the files and folders in the datastore were left untouched.
it was working fine for couple of days but few days after that this issue is occuring.

Please let us know the issue for this error and how can we solve this.

Regards,
 #54395  by jllort

This is a very strange file system location for the datastore:
\172.16.255.158OpenKMdatastore/2d/27/2b/b6/2d272bb6-be1f-4bbb-98b2-b2a1047d8daa

I suspect you have something wrong in the datastore location configuration, check the OpenKM.cfg configuration and ensure if you have modified the default OpenKM datastore location the path is right

If the path is right, ensure the user who's executing OpenKM have enough grants to access to the file from the terminal

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.