• Restoring backup

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54340  by ausadmin

We have been using OpenKM for a while now in a test phase. Now we are getting more serious, I want to be able to prove restoration of a backup. This instance is running OpenKM CE 6.3.11.

I have created a new computer (Ubuntu 20.04) and installed OpenKM. It is all working, I can login as okmAdmin, create a folder and upload some documents. All good. This instance is running OpenKM CE 6.3.12.

Now I want to make a backup of our test OpenKM copy over to the new computer and restore. I have followed the procedure in the documentation https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... store.html:
Backup steps:
Stop Tomcat (optional).
Backup the database (mandatory).
Backup the repository folder (mandatory).
Start Tomcat (optional).

Then on the new computer, restore steps
Mysql already installed and working.
Stop tomcat (in fact stop openkm in this version)
Restore backed up files to /home/openkm/tomcat-8.5.34
mysql -h localhost -u root -p okmdb < /home/openkm/tomcat-8.5.34/db/okmdb.sql
Start tomcat (in fact start openkm in this version)
Verify file permissions
Login - but I don’t see my restored documents - only the original documents that were uploaded on this new computer.

I must be missing something obvious - how do we specify the location of the repository (or the database instance for mysql to use)?

I have searched for a solution to this but have not been able to find anything.

Thanks for any assistance.
Tim
 #54360  by jllort

First, both OpenKM should have the same version ( I suggest upgrade 6.3.11 to 6.3.12 and then go ahead with restore process ).

If you are watching the same documents it means the database dump has not been restored in the target.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.