• Open file in preview mode using file URL

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54244  by nishant8900

Hi,
I am using OpenKM 6.3CE using LDAP AD for user authentication. Both users and roles are getting fetched from AD.
i am trying to open a file in Current view (opens a file in new tab)

i tried to use the below url to open the file in new tab, but it is asking for login credentials
Code: Select all
http://[base url]:[port]/OpenKM/preview/pdfjs/web/viewer.html?file=%2FOpenKM%2Ffrontend%2FConverter%3FtoPdf%3Dtrue%26inline%3Dtrue%26uuid%3D21567dc94-3120-43ad-b07d-b475e3a4591a3#page=1&zoom=auto,-1244,626
whenever i click the above link it should open the file in view mode in new tab

Can i do something to open the specific file without entering login credentials or is there any way to pass the credentials in the url itself so that the file gets open in new tab?

Regards
 #54249  by jllort

Take a look in the regular preview how the parameters are passed to the OpenKM to preview documents and then try to reply the same format, I suspect you are not using the same format.

When talking about the new tab -> I suppose this is a new tab in the OpenKM application, right?
 #54261  by nishant8900

Hi,
I have checked the format and tried with that as well but it is routing to login page.
when i enter the below mentioned url:
http://[base url]:[port]/OpenKM/frontend/Converter?toPdf=true&inline=true&uuid=f6dbf-7522-4bad-8jkh6d0-6f6c8

it opens the main login page, when i login then it opens the preview page correctly.
But I want to open that preview mode without logging in. It should be like, i click on the above link and file opens in basic preview mode without asking me login credentials
since i want to use the above url through a webpage i created to access the file.
i want to know if it is possible to acheive the above requirement without entering login credential. i just want to preview file, nothing else
please let me know how can i achieve this without logging in everytime.

Regards,
 #54272  by jllort

Accessing the documents without any kind of login will be a security break. In this scenario, you should create a small application in the front with REST API and login in the background to get the document

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.