• how do OpenKM do version control?

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2643  by Cosmo

Dear Sir

when I check out and check in a file, the file\'s version number will increase. But if I\'d like to get the older version of this file, what could I do?

Please help,Thanks
 #2654  by jllort

Yes, version control increases number

The sequence is
First -> 1.0
Then 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4
You can change to older version for example from 1.2 then next version it\'ll be
1.2.1, 1.2.2

Your tree it\'ll be somthing like this
1.2.1 ( change to older version )

You might think as a version tree
 #54210  by swati

how to do version control
i also integrated openkm in my application by using java (spring boot)
can you tell me how
please share code if possible
Thank you
swati
 #54220  by martin_parker

In order for OpenKM version control to function, a readable snapshot of the repository's content at a specific moment must be created. With this version, users may compare different revisions to see the changes made between versions and roll back a repository to a prior one. Version control allows users to maintain track of every change they make, helping to prevent mistakes and keeping track of all the modifications they make.
 #54253  by swati

HELLO,
Actually in openkm how we can change version from backend in java and that changed version we can see on openkm frontend.(this is the task )
ex .suppose i am uploading same document which is already present in openkm and i want to upload same document again then we have to change the version this happens from frontend of openkm but i want to do from backend by using java.
as per my knowledge ,before that i want to get the file name which is uploaded in openkm .
suppose we get the file name which is uploaded in openkm then by using that file name can we change version?
thanks
swati
 #54266  by jllort

The version of the document is automatically set by the OpenKM core when creating or updating a document ( strategy is applied to all the documents in the same manner ).

About uploading existing documents, you can prevent it or you can do a weekly report indicating what documents are duplicated -> in the OKM_NODE_DOCUMENT_VERSION we have a column with the hash of the document, two documents with the same hash value which means are the same.

If you wish to change the version name of a document, then it should access the low level OpenKM and update there, probably the quick way will be to update the database column, but I do not suggest it because it is very dangerous if you change in your side may cause problems because setting wrong values

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.