• Changing OpenKM DB from H2 to Postgres

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54153  by nishant8900

Hi,
I am using Openkm 6.3CE with LDAP integration and using LdapPrincipal Adapter.
As of now I am using H2 DB for OpenKM but now I want to change it from H2 DB to Postgres.

Could you please let me know, how to change the DB from H2 to Postgres. Please let me know what steps needs to be done from my end to achieve this?

Also plz, do le me know if i have to copy paste any file/folder to restore previous H2DB date to new postgres
and where will the new DB files will be stored? And is there any date/file that we might loose and cannot restore?
I am assuming that we do not have to do the installation again after DB migration, am i right?

Regards,
 #54201  by nishant8900

Hi team,
This is a follow up on earlier query regarding H2 DB to postgres migration in OpemKM
Could you please respond as to how to implement this.
I have already referred the below link,
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... bases.html

But after taking the backup of config parameters, metadata, crontab and exported repository, where are we supposed to change the DB server details?
also do we have to uninstall openkm and do the installation again or we can change the DB without installing again?

It would be really helpful if you could share the step by step procedure to migrate from H2 db to postgres.

Regards
 #54238  by jllort

Must export all the repository to the file system and then import in a new OpenKm configured with the new database. There is no direct migration process between databases, must export and then import.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.