• Restrict Download and Preview

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54148  by nishant8900

Hi,
we are uploaded all the important documents and files. gave the level based access also like read only,
read and write only etc.
our requirement is if it is read only means it working fine. like can't create folder and not able to upload documents.
but user can able to see the documents and they can able to Download.
for that need to restrict download and preview.

one more thing is have restricted the download,preview,presentation in preview tab near security,history.
but in taxonomy -> folders-> files (if i double click the file , it will downloaded. so that i need to restrict the download there itself.)

important thing is we are using 6.3 CE

kindly give the clarification asap.

Thanks.
 #54228  by jllort

The best approach will be adding in the code the event when downloading a file and then from automation action intercept the downloading and based in logic like the user has or not ROLE_DOWNLOAD raise an exception -> the advantage of this solution is all the application will be affected with this logic in a single point.

On the other hand, I ignore why users have access to the document, but they can not download or preview -> what sense has accessing a document that you can not touch? why do they have access?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.