• Accesss for Folders

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54137  by nishant8900

Hi,
I am using 6.3 CE version openkm.
our requirement is give access for folders . like some users can able see some folders. for that we are seperated levels based access.
level 1 - read
level 2 - read,write

so that we are tried to give user based access. but while giving user based access like level 1 - read only i can able to write and can able to create folders,can able to add documents.
while giving role based it is working fine.

for that we are tried with user based access. users are active only.we are connected AD users. roles also created in AD it is mapped to the specific users.
case 1 : Everyone comes under ROLE_USER
we need the clarity why user based is not working.

any parameters need to change.if any parameter need to change means where it is ? what was the value need to add? please tell me.

i dont know why roles based is working fine. why user based is not working.

Thanks.
 #54145  by jllort

Basically you have applied wrong security, sure.
ROLE_USER is mandatory for all the users,identify them as a regular user and allow the users to login in the application. A good practice is to have ROLE_USER at /okm:root but remove in the next level /okm:root/level1

Take a look at this video should help you on setting the security https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdZdsWBljRU

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.