• Alert Notification need to send to the selected user (Notify User)

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54045  by nishant8900

Hi ,
our requirement is - while uploading a document user get alert notification like you have uploaded a document

For that,
step 1 : Tomacat/conf/server.xml - i have added below mentioned configurations
Code: Select all
mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true"
mail.smtp.ssl.protocols="TLSv1.2"
mail.smtp.auth="true"
mail.smtp.host="smtp.office365.com"
mail.smtp.port="587"
mail.smtp.user=""
mail.from=""
password=""
mail.debug="true"
step 2 : I have done mail configuration
Administration - > Users -> Mail icon - Added below mentioned configurations.
Code: Select all
Mail Protocol : pop3s
Mail host : smtp.office365.com
Mail user : mail id
Mail folder : okm mail folder name / uuid / path / url
Active : true
And pop3s,pop3,imaps,imap these mail protocols only visible in the dropdown. otherwise any options to get this sorted out .

step 3 : these are the configurations are working fine until jan 23rd 2023.
i have received all the mails in my INBOX folder. after 23rd jan 2023 i didn't received any mails. i don't know why i didn't get any mails.
and my doubt is,
if i do any actions like uploading files , deleting documents , renaming etc and creating folders , renaming folders , deleting - it will send the alert notification to the selected users (Notify User). like you have uploaded a document. - this is our critical requirement.

this is i have facing the challenges to notify the user to get alert notification. kindly do the needful asap.

Thanks.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.