• Time stamp not the same with system time

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54025  by ndlas_dec

I am running OpenKM 6.3.11 on a virtual machine for testing purposes.

I have noticed that the timestamp on the database is different from the time used by MySQL server.
OpenKM timestamp2.jpg
OpenKM timestamp2.jpg (35.3 KiB) Viewed 1767 times
OpenKM system time2.jpg
OpenKM system time2.jpg (26.56 KiB) Viewed 1767 times
My time zone is (GMT+8) but the time stamp is (GMT+00:00).
The log files timezone is (GMT+8).

I hope somebody has a solution to this.

Thank you.
 #54053  by jllort

That's because database connection. Usually it happens with MySQL, but not with MariaDB. Must edit the server.xml database connection with your time zone:

Sample:
Code: Select all
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/okmdb?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8&serverTimezone=Europe/Madrid
List of possible timezones https://www.php.net/manual/es/timezones.php
 #54065  by ndlas_dec

Hello jllort. I have followed you suggestion and now the database timestamp is using the system date.

Thank you.
okm_Node_Base.jpg
okm_Node_Base.jpg (48.86 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
okm_DB_time.jpg
okm_DB_time.jpg (14.89 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
 #54157  by ndlas_dec

Hello Elliena43272. Is your system now OK?
Did you follow jllort's suggestion to edit the server.xml and change the
"jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/okmdb?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8&serverTimezone='your time zone'?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.