• javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46892  by agb123

Hello,

I've just installed OpenKM on Windows 10x64 and got this error javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection. I'm using MySQL 8 and java jdk1.8.0_171
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (9.34 KiB) Viewed 14306 times
I'm new to this system, I hope you can help me with it.
(8.99 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
Thanks!!
 #46894  by lnovoa

Hi!,
The problem is because of the MySQL version.
You have two options:
  • Uninstall version 8 and install MySQL 5.7.
  • Stop the server and delete the tomcat/repository directory.
  • Modify the file Openkm.cfg the property hibernate.hbm2ddl = create.
  • Start the tomcat.
2. Follow the steps to the link:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... oting.html
 #54029  by ckhounesavath

I am also having the same issue. Please refer to the following:
Code: Select all
Application error
Class: org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection
Date: Tue Jan 24 13:57:14 CST 2023
What can I do to resolve this error, but not lose all of my files?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.