• Error in executing a report

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47403  by mamad

When i try to execute a jasperReport template which has been made by IReport tool, i face with the following error :
Application error
Code: Select all
Class: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRFontNotFoundException
Message: Font 'tahoma' is not available to the JVM. See the Javadoc for more details.
In the template i install a tahoma font by follow the instructions in this page :
https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/ireport-fonts

I also export the font as extension and put its jar file to project build path but the problem still remains.
Last edited by mamad on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #47422  by jllort

I suppose you are on linux, you should install microsoft core fonts, for example in Ubuntu:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
sudo fc-cache -f -v
Finally restart OpenKM.

If that not solves the issue, then must manually installing the font:
To add a TrueType font to Java, just put the TTF file in the /usr/java/jre/lib/fonts directory.
Note: you may need to restart the JVM to see it
 #53989  by nishant8900

Hi,
I am using OpenKM 6.3 CE on windows, and I am also getting this same error for font style 'Arial'.
Can you please tell me how to solve this in Windows.

Thanks
 #53995  by jllort

Ensure you have Arial font in your computer and then restart the OpenKM service to take effect.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.