• Error while logging in using LDAP AD

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53960  by nishant8900

Hi,
I am using Openkm 6.3CE edition and currently I am trying to implement log in using my AD password but I am getting the below mentioned error, I have done all Ldap configurations. I am also getting users and roles from AD as well.

Application error
Class: org.springframework.ldap.PartialResultException
Message: nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: COMPANY.COM:389 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect]]
Date: Thu Dec 01 09:58:46 IST 2022

Could you please suggest a way to solve this,

Thanks
Last edited by nishant8900 on Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #53966  by jllort

The error Connection timed out: connect seems you are not able to get a connection from the OpenKM server to the AD. This can be because of several reasons, different networks ( check if ping works ), wrong configuration parameters, or firewall. I suggest testing the AD connection from the command line of the OpenKM server.

Check connection in windows server with https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysin ... adexplorer
In case of the Linux https://devconnected.com/how-to-search- ... -examples/
 #53988  by nishant8900

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to test AD connection in Command line of openkm server.
(I mean where can i find command line of openkm and how to test AD connection)
I am still getting the above mentioned error.

Although out of 10 times 3-4 times the login works (but takes along time about 2-3 minutes to login)
whereas other 6-7 times I get the connection timeout error (when the login time takes more than 3 minutes).

So, i think configurations are correct since sometimes it works,
but even when sometimes it works it takes a long time to login after pressing enter.
we have 2000+ users in AD

I checked in network tab:
OpenKM/j_spring_security_check api call either gives status code 302 or status code 500.
In case of 302, login works but takes more time,
whereas in case of 500, it gives connection timeout error

Thanks

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.