• OpenKM CMIS and LibreOffice access with Ubuntu 22.10

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53907  by redink

I want to share an observation with this forum. I have the latest OpenKM Docker image running on my NAS. Everything worked as intended with Ubuntu 22.04 and LibreOffice 7.3.X, especially CMIS access to OpenKM. CMIS access was configured as suggested in the OpenKM documentation. OpenKM password stored in LibreOffice and protected with a master password. Everytime I accessed OpenKM with LibreOffice I have been asked for the LibreOffice master password once. Notice that LibreOffice open/save dialogues need to be activated - the system dialogues do not show remote servers.

After updating to Ubuntu 22.10 (and LibreOffice 7.4.X) I was not able to access OpenKM via CMIS - no dialogue to ask for master password appeared. Deinstalling LibreOffice from Ubuntu software center and manually installing with the DEB packages downloadable form LibreOffice website brought back the master password dialogue and CMIS access to OpenKM - both with LibreOffice 7.3.X and 7.4.X.

This behaviour is reproducible (no master password dialogue with LibreOffice installed from Ubuntu software center) - at least for my environment. CMIS access to OpenKM via CMIS CLI worked all the time. From what I can tell is that Ubuntu software center does not install a snap package of LibreOffice.

Did anybody make the same observation? Any thoughts on that?

If not I hope I could help somebody else with the same problem.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.