• Translation import with non ASCII characters fails to display correct characters.

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53856  by gulmorg

Hello,

I have two installations of OpenKM;
a dev instance on a computer running Windows 10 (OpenKM is installed with docker desktop),
and a prod instance on a Windows Server 2016 Standard.

When I import the Turkish language which has non ASCII characters like 'çğü' those characters are replaced with symbols like 'ü' (ü) on the Windows Server but they work fine on the docker version.

The only difference I can think of between these two instances are the operating systems:
OpenKM Version: 6.3.12 (build: a3587ce) (Both Computers)
Prod OS: Windows Server 2016 Standard Version: 1607
Dev OS: Windows 10 Pro 21h2, Docker Version: 20.10.17, build 100c701

When I export back the broken language, the sql file shows the characters as the broken characters. And if I edit the language on the app, they display properly so it isn't a display issue.
I could, in theory, go one by one on every entry fixing the improper characters but seeing as there are approximately 1200 of entries, it isn't exactly something I want to do.

Both the input and output language files are in attachment.
Any advice on how to fix this or what might be causing it?
Thank You.
Attachments
(32.48 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
 #53857  by gulmorg

Quote From: https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ation.html

"Problems with character encodings
If your language has non-ASCII characters and they are displayed as garbage you have a problem with encodings.

Check the $TOMCAT/bin/setenv.sh or $TOMCAT/bin/setenv.bat file. You should have set the JVM parameter "-Dfile.encoding=utf-8".

The application must be restarted."

I didn't have the bin%CATALINA_HOME%\setenv.bat file but I added the "-Dfile.encoding=utf-8" parameter to the %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\openkmw.exe > JAVA > JAVA Options and it worked.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.