• How to set an alternative text extractor?

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53845  by snowman

I wondered why my searches yield zero results.
When I check the text extraction in utilities I see that I use "com.openkm.extractor.AbbyTextExtractor" and there are no keywords extracted. I guess it is somehow related to AbbyyFinereader.
There is nothing related to Abbyy on that machine. I do not know why the Abby Extractor ist configured. I read that there are alternative extractors but I dont see how to configure them correctly.

In general I do not need OCR as all PDFs are OCRed by AbbyyFineReader on another machine.
Of course text extraction from other file types would be interesting (word, excel).
 #53849  by jllort

In The administration > plugins you are able to disable plugins that you do not wish to be used. You should disable AbbyTextExtractor.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.