• Migration from CE 6.3.4 to 6.3.5

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46187  by mi_685

Hi folks,

i tried to migrate from my CE 6.3.4 to 6.3.5 following the guide "https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... to-635.html".

After executing the script there are no result or error displayed. Seems to me i'm successful.
But in administration tab i still get the old version displayed "Version: 6.3.4 (build: 47204ef)"

What i'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
 #46203  by lnovoa

Hi!,

Have you stopped tomcat, deleted the detailed folders and cleaned the browser cache?
If you have any weird problem try to stop Tomcat, delete these folders:

$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/OpenKM
$TOMCAT_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost
Recommended to clear browser cache and Java Plugin cache.
 #46215  by mi_685

Thanks Inovoa. I followed your advice and delete both folders and clear caches.

Now after logging in as Admin (or any other user) i get the Error message below. Cant continue.

If i restore both folders, everything works as before.

Any ideas?
 #46216  by mi_685

Error solved by myself. Works fine know.

Solution: before restart tomcat, change the OpenKM.cfg again to "hibernate.hbm2ddl=update"

All together, for a sucessfull update here are my steps:

1. Make a backup!!!
2. Stop Tomcat
3. Edit OpenKM.cfg and set hibernate.hbm2ddl to update
4. Replace the OpenKM.war
5. Delete these folders:
- $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/OpenKM
- $TOMCAT_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost
6. Start Tomcat again
7. Go to Administration > Scripting execute:
Code: Select all
import com.openkm.core.DatabaseException;
import com.openkm.dao.bean.CronTab;
import com.openkm.dao.CronTabDAO;

static final String MAIL = "noreply@openkm.com";

try {
    for (CronTab ct : CronTabDAO.findAll()) {
        if (ct.getMail().equals(MAIL)) {
            ct.setMail("");
            CronTabDAO.update(ct);
        }	
    }
} catch (Exception e) {
    print("Exception: " + e);
}
Thats all. :lol:
 #46848  by dferguson

That is not really fair.

The manual only says to delete the /OpenKM/ and /localhost/ folders if stopping tomcat results in any weird issues. I too had no signs of tomcat stopping weird which would result in having delete those folders per the manual.
 #53799  by rdo

Hi folks,

I try to migrate from CE 6.3.4 to 6.3.5, but without success. I follow the migration procedure including any hint. But after login the popup windows shows loading openkm and stop at "loading user values".
Has anyone any hint?

Best regards

System:
Ubuntu 20.04
tomcat 7.0.53, openjdk 1.8.0_342
Starting from OpenKM 6.3.2 offline installation, migrate to 6.3.3 and 6.3.4 (all correct I think)
 #53812  by jllort

After any OpenKM upgrade the UI maybe stalled because changes, simply force to refresh the browser cache ( set the URL, and then SHIFT + refresh icon in the browser -> that should refresh the current URL in the cache of the browser )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.