• Checkout or document lock using CMIS Open Remote File with LibreOffice

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53676  by eduslepetys

OpenKM is not doing a checkout or even a lock when I open a document using CMIS.
How I can lock a document for editing, or checkout it automatically when I open it using CMIS?
(or just warning who is trying to open the file while other is editing)

OpenKM CE 6.3.11 - CMIS via LibreOffice
(The document versioning is doing well. 1.0, 1.1, ....)
 #53677  by eduslepetys

I just check the log and I have the following lines
Code: Select all
06/07/2022 10:46:45 	okmAdmin 	CHECKOUT_DOCUMENT 	230a3936-d3c8-47c7-aa9a-c603e8066e39 	/okm:root/Tecnlogia da Informação/Público/Atividade Triade do Tempo.odt

06/07/2022 10:46:45 	okmAdmin 	CHECKIN_DOCUMENT 	230a3936-d3c8-47c7-aa9a-c603e8066e39 	/okm:root/Tecnlogia da Informação/Público/Atividade Triade do Tempo.odt 	1154596, CMIS Client
So, Okm is doing the checkout and the checkin via CMIS, but at the taxonomy level I did not see the checkout icon.
 #53705  by jllort

Did you refreshed the UI? because if you are watching the list of documents and do not refresh them will not see any change. Also I suggest take a look at the tab of document history.

In the professional edition we have live editor and online editor what probably are best approach than cmis edition, I suspect with CMIS or WEBDAV you'll create a version each time you save the document, from OpenKM side is not possible to control the cycle of edition ( not easy to explain -> consider OpenKM sharing checkout and checkin and the control is delegated to the editor -> depending how editor works each time save action is executed will be created a version in the history -> 10 save -> maybe 10 history version -> I'm not sure about the behavior because in the last years I have not used LibreOffice to edit files directly with CMIS )
 #54363  by jllort

HI, helmextoll this topic is about CMIS lock with LibreOffice, not about WEBDAV, if you have any question about WEBDAV please create a new post with it, but do not merge matters that do not have a relation because it causes a lot of confusion to another reader.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.