• User remains logged in after exiting the browser without proper logout process

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53621  by eduslepetys

Hi guys,

I am running OKM CE 6.3.11 on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, apache Tomcat 8.5.34. It is just a sandbox installation to check the concept and after validated I will install it on the test server.
Probably the users helping me with the tests are not logging out correctly (possibly just closing the browser). In the administration area of active users (logged users) I see the user id repeated several times. It seems OKM treats this as a new connection and keeps the old ones (even being the same user on the same ip). Is there any parameter to avoid this? Is there any way for OKM to verify that the same user is connecting on the same ip, and thus cancel the previous one?
 #54262  by albertogomez38

We have the same problem. If users close the browser without closing the session, it stays alive on the server for days.

We have OpenKM 6.3.11 CE with Debian 10 Tomcat 8.5.34
Code: Select all
keep.session.alive.interval = 5
schedule.session.keepalive =15
schedule.dashboard.refresh = 30
File web.xml
Code: Select all
    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
    </session-config>
Attachments
(82.17 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Last edited by albertogomez38 on Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.