• Openkm User Authentication using WSO2

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53622  by nishant8900

Hi,
I am planning to use WSO2 for user authentication in OpenKM 6.3CE.
I referred the following links for some ideas,
viewtopic.php?t=9371
https://www.openkm.com/wiki/index.php/Kerberos
But these links are specifically for Kerberos, I need a solution for WSO2 in my case.
So, how should i modify appContext.xml to support authentication using WSO2?

Thanks
 #53666  by jllort

Searching by WSO2 authentication I found this documentation https://is.docs.wso2.com/en/latest/develop/spring-boot/ it seems it is oauth authentication -> to get it working sure must modify the openkm I think change xml will not be enought. In the case of oath the application jumps to external authentication and then come back when authenticated shared keys etc... OpenKM CE currently do not support this behaviour itself and sure it is required some modification to work in this manner.
 #53708  by jllort

I have no idea bout what should be modified to get it running. Only I can share that behind OpenKM you have an spring application ( the CE use an old version of spring that may cause some difficulties in your side with latest authentication software and spring ). First should investigate how to integrate WSO2 with spring security, looking for some sample or similar, when you got can starting with OpenKM.

In professional edition we have the latest spring version, that do not means the things there are easiest, simply have some extra advantage, specially with authentication providers what may be 5 years ago were not existing.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.