• Mime Types

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #53297  by TPipJo

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can help. We have a lot of text files (SQL updates) that we would like to keep in OpenKB. The problem is that we are using our own file extension .syp Attempting to preview these files in OpenKM gives a Preview Unavailable error.

I have tried adding the extension to the Mime type for text/plain and text/x-sql but this makes no difference.

Finally when I try to create it's own Mime entry I get the following error:

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Many Thanks.

TPipJo

OpenKM - Community Edition
V 6.3.11 (Build: d7abb25)
Currently running on Windows 11
Apache TomCat
 #53306  by jllort

Please share screenshots to understand the type of changes is trying to apply.
 #53311  by TPipJo

I managed to sort the error (it was down to having two Mime Types with the same name. However my original issue is still happening.

I am adding a extension for a text file used by our software to process SQL commands. These files are just plain text files (nothing fancy) with a .syp extension. I added the Extension to the text/plain Mime Type. and click on the Edit button:
When I try to Preview the file I get this:

The Preview works for the other extensions in the Mime Type but nothing for .syp. I have tried the same and got the same results using the text/x-sql Mime Type as well.

Could anyone please help?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.