• How to find the type of database i installed openkm on

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52744  by akalsteni68

Hi there
I installed openkm 6.3.7 community edition a long time ago and i don't remember what kind of database i used for the installation.
Now i want to know the type of database that my openkm is currently using.
How to find that ?
thanks in advance.
Last edited by akalsteni68 on Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #52751  by jllort

Take a look at tomcat-XXX/conf/server.xml -> there's set the connection to the database. For example, in case of MySQL should see something like:
Code: Select all
<Resource name="jdbc/OpenKMDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
          maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000" validationQuery="select 1"
          username="openkm" password="*secret*" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
          url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/okmdb?autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF8"/>
 #52907  by enpingado

I have the same question. I installed openkm many moons ago on ubuntu 16.

I don't seem to have mysql installed.

The only package i see after grep with sql is: libsqlite3-0:amd64
My server.xml is this:
Code: Select all
<Resource name="jdbc/OpenKMDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
          maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000" validationQuery="select 1 from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SYSTEM_USERS"
          username="sa" password="" driverClassName="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"
          url="jdbc:hsqldb:${catalina.base}/repository/okmdb"/>
I see hsqldb.
I am not familiar with that. Is there a mysql like command line tool to back up the db?
 #52910  by bombbie

I have same question after installed openkm-6.3.10 then not sure type database? and how to open database or access ?
attachfile image server.xml from tomcat folder
Attachments
openkmdb.jpg
openkmdb.jpg (95.92 KiB) Viewed 12539 times
 #52918  by jllort

hi bombbie, bad news you are using H2 database and this database should not be used in production. If you have data into, should export in the file system ( Administration > tools > repository export ) , switch to mysql or mariadb and then import.

To swich to mysql must:
1- stop openkm
2- create empty database ( https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... riadb.html )
3- set hibernate.hbml value to "create" in the OpenKM.cfg
4- delete the folder tomcat-XXX/repository
5- start OpenKM

Before doing this action I suggest do a backup of the application in your case is quite easy:
1- stop OpenKM
2- Copy entire tomcat-XXXX folder ( you have everything into because are using H2 database )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.