• Docker container & Apache2

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52361  by sscala

Linux Ubuntu:

I am trying to install the openkm-ce Docker-container container and use the regular (as in not a Docker container) Apache2 reverse proxy to allow external access.

The login-page does open, but when I try to log in as okmAdmin, the login-screen reloads (with a new session ID).

I started the docker container with:
Code: Select all
docker run --name openkm-ce -p 127.0.0.1:8080:8080 openkm/openkm-ce
I added the 127.0.0.1 in order to prevent direct access to the container from external sources.

The Apache-config file looks like this:
Code: Select all
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName openkm.mydomain.com
  RedirectMatch ^/$ /OpenKM

ProxyPreserveHost Off
  ProxyRequests Off

ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8080/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/openkm-error.log
  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/openkm-access.log combined
</VirtualHost>
The "openkm.mydomain.com" is one of multiple domains pointing to the server.

Has anyone sucessfully managed to do this?
 #52381  by sscala

It does not show any error. The openkm-error.log is clear and the openkm-access.log shows that it just opens another session after sending the login-data.

I just played around with the apache-conf-file and found a "solution":

It will work as long as you do not use "openkm" as subdomain. "doc.mydomain.com" e.g. works perfectly fine.

I have no idea why.
 #52383  by pavila

I think this is due to the default hostname. Try changing it with the --hostname parameter when creating the container.

Regards.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.