• Transferring Repository on a NAS/SAN?

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50508  by TimothyFinn

Hi!

I was wondering if this will be possible on the OpenKM Community Edition.

Here's the scenario:

My Boss wanted to try and transfer the MySQL database on a SAN/NAS as disaster recovery measure. I am currently using MySQL and not MariaDB that was recommended by the installation as this was recommended by my superiors here at work. I am talking about transferring all data pertaining to OpenKM to a separate NAS/SAN device on a network.

Now the dillema:

I can't seem to find any faq's or guides as to how to achieve such a task.

I gravely need help in making this work. And time really is not an ally. And resources are scarce.

Thanks in advance.
 #50530  by jllort

I do not suggest moving in a NAS ( networking might fail ), the option of the SAN is always welcome.

About moving openkm datastore repository take a look at ( repository.home parameter ):
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... -home.html

About moving MySQL data store, the scenario is very similar in Windows and Linux, but not exactly the same. I will suppose you are in Linux:
google search -> linux mysql move database location ( you will find a lot of samples )
https://hostadvice.com/how-to/how-to-re ... ntu-18-04/

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.